Upper and lower jaw before and after the orthodontic treatment. Notice the change of the width of the dental arch.
Dr. Alena Butkevica’s dental practice offers various services, including dental hygiene services. In this section you will find out what is dental hygiene, how it is carried out in the dental cabinet, and how patients can maintain their oral health at home.
What is Included In Dental Hygiene Services?
Dental hygiene is a regular complex of activities performed by a professional hygienist who takes care of teeth and gums. The aim of dental hygiene is to protect patients from dental diseases and other problems of the oral cavity.
During the procedure a dental hygienist uses modern methods which allow to:
- remove tooth plaque;
- clean dental surface;
- check dental health and condition of the oral cavity;
- if necessary, advice visiting a dentist.
Dental hygiene services are not limited to the hygienist’s cabinet. The procedure means a wide range of activities for dental protection which are also performed by patients. Patients should develop a habit of taking care of their oral health systematically.
Dental hygiene services is a complex of different activities in which two sides are involved. On the one hand, a professional dental hygienist in a dentistry, and on the other hand, a patient. Broadly speaking, dental hygiene services is a complex of systematic check-ups and various procedures aimed at protecting dental and gum health.
How to Take Care of Dental Health on Your Own?
There are several ways of protecting your teeth and gums:
- using a special toothpaste containing fluorine;
- using oral rinse if necessary.
An important factor which impacts dental health is a patient’s diet. Products with low sugar content and high fiber content have a positive impact on dental health, whereas carbonated beverages are detrimental for teeth and gums.
In order to maintain oral hygiene, dental health and prevent diseases, it is important to visit a dentist or a dental hygienist at least once in six months.
The Importance of Toothbrushing and the Problems of Neglecting Oral Hygiene
Correct tooth cleaning ensures good oral health. Every person should evaluate how effective and thorough are their daily toothbrushing and other related activities. In order to make tooth cleaning really effective, it is necessary to:
- brush your teeth at least twice a day;
- use dental floss at least once a day;
- use special oral rinse at least once a day;
- use toothpastes containing fluorine;
- visit a dental hygienist regularly.
Neglecting Oral Hygiene Can Entail Negative Consequences, Such As:
- tooth decay;
- halitosis or bad breath;
- other problems related to oral cavity.
Dental Hygiene Services in Alena Butkevica’s Dental Clinic
In Alena Butkevica’s dental clinic dental hygiene services are performed by two professional hygienists:
During the visit a hygienist performs the necessary activities and evaluates the condition of patient’s oral cavity. Specialists will answer all your questions and give you advice on how to maintain dental health.
Dental Hygiene Services in Alena Butkevica’s Dental Clinic:
- check-ups and identifying of possible problems;
- tooth plaque removal;
- tooth calculus removal;
- tooth polishing;
- consultation on choosing the correct toothbrush and toothpaste, advice on toothbrushing and dental flossing.
Professional dental hygiene services take approximately one hour.
What Tools Are Used in Dental Hygiene?
In Alena Butkevica’s dental clinic only new technology and modern tools are used. Dental hygienists use the most soothing methods which allow to achieve the optimal result.
- for sensitive teeth mucosal surface anaesthesia is used;
- a small amount of dental plaque is removed with a special instrument;
- a big amount of dental plaque is removed with ultrasound;
- teeth are polished with a special abrasive paste;
- teeth are cleaned with a dental floss;
- enamel is covered with a special protective gel.
If you are in need of dental hygiene services, call the clinic and apply for a visit. If you want to ask a specific question, use a special electronic consultation service and send your question together with teeth photos, so that a dentist could answer your questions even before your visit. Make an appointment now!